Thursday 16 July 2015

STEWY DOWNING COMING HOME!

When the news broke about Stewy coming back to the club, I thought na, can’t see it being possible he’s had a fine season at West Ham last season playing under Sam Alladyce in the no10 role. On big premier league wages, if we had got promoted I thought Stewy would sign no problem. So I ruled it out and have tried to dismiss it every time I have seen news on it.

2-3 weeks later and he is on the verge of returning to the club after leaving the club 6 years ago. What can I say? I am excited to see the best player out of the Boro academy in my opinion return and play for the club again. I can only praise Steve Gibson yet again for pulling this deal off and making it possible. What a signing the signing of the summer! After the disappointment of the playoff final back in May, I think the timing of this is spot and has created a great buzz on Teesside ahead of the new campaign. 

I have always been a big Stewy Downing fan since watching him break through into the first team at Boro. The UEFA Cup game v Steaua Bucharest been his best game for us, having followed his progress since leaving us in 2009. I never really understood the criticism he receives, he gets a lot of unnecessary stick. Stewy has a lot of quality, he’s going be a massive player for us. Creating chances, scoring goals and plenty of experience to help our younger players, it can only help players like Adam Reach’s game. 


It’s a win win situation. Stewy wanted to come back home, he always said the day that he left the club he had unfinished business, it be a fitting return to take the club back to the premier league. We are getting a hell of a player for a good price in today’s market, he could have easily walked in to most premier league clubs. Get promoted and we will still see a good few years of him at the top level. It really is massive capture from Steve Gibson. It is a real state of intent, ambition to get out of the Championship and back to the Premier League.

I can’t wait to see the first images of Stewy back in a Boro shirt! Exciting times ahead! Nothing beats seeing a local player pull on the shirt of the team you support. Stewy Coming Home! Maybe he can be the DJ at the promotion party! UTB! 


No comments:

Post a Comment